Our comprehensive marketing packages are individually tailored to suit each author and book. We help you to target your potential audience and focus on the areas of promotion that will be undertaken by us and the areas that we will work on in collaboration. For you as the author, speaking to people and spreading the word about your book is still one of the most effective marketing and promotional strategies. You meet people every day and everyone that you meet is a potential customer and reader of your book. Whether you put up posters, send out flyers or hand out review copies these will all help generate interest in your book and show that you are serious about its marketing potential. We have found this unified approach to be very beneficial and effective.
Promotion - when you visit our packages information page you will see that we offer a wide range of services within each package price range. But in addition to this we work with you for a period after publication to ensure your book has the best chance to get noticed in the marketplace:
· The title of your book can be included in one of our specialist catalogues
· We identify very specific target audience groups and endeavour to bring your book to their attention
· We will submit copies of the book to the review editors of your local publications. A copy of any review we may receive will be sent to you
· We will also speak to bookshops in your area to encourage them to order, hold a signing session or have displays of signed copies for sale
· Your book will be available to purchase from our website book shop and all online sellers
· You will have the opportunity to meet our Marketing Co-ordinator in Ely following which we will provide an outline Marketing Plan and a Press Release you can take away with you
· We work with you to finalise the planning on a one-to-one basis and tailor it to your specific needs.
· We will work with you and your local radio stations to encourage them to have a feature on you and your book
· Review copies of the book and press releases will be sent to the most relevant publications; we have experience in approaching the book market, booksellers and book reviewers in newspapers, magazines, radio and TV, to whom we selectively and, where appropriate, submit your book.
Publicity Material – You will see the range of material we provide with each level of service on our packages information page. Good publicity is vital for getting your name and book out there and we can provide high quality material for you to do just that.
Ongoing Marketing – selling books requires effort, optimism and determination and the most successful authors are also those who embrace self-promotion and pursue all marketing opportunities. Our Marketing Co-ordinator can help you understand how you can best help yourself, both at a launch/signing event and going forward over the following months and years.
Online Marketing – The internet is making the world smaller and reaching a wider audience has never been easier. We encourage authors to take advantage of Facebook, Twitter, internet blogs and author websites in order to create interest and demand before publication.
eBook - Your book will be turned into an eBook and distributed across several online retailers including Amazon, all included in the package price.
Distribution - We work with the major UK wholesalers, including Gardners Books, and with the high street chain Waterstone’s to supply their distribution hub direct from our warehouse in Ely.
Promotion work with you will last for two years with our Silver and Gold Partnership Packages, and for four years with the Platinum Partnership Packages.